/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - August 2009
Review and photos from August 10, 2009
Note from Nina:
Hey........ I told you all to be sure to make it to the Waddy Wachtel Band gig last night 8/24/09 at The Joint to get fired up...... and the band sure got all of us burnin’..... Nice and hot! It was great seeing so many of you rock ‘n rollers there having so much fun. It was a fantastic night, wasn’t it? I’m still smiling and tingling.
WWB will not be performing at The Joint next Monday 8/31/09, but as soon as we get confirmed dates for September, you’ll be the first to know...... well, after the band members of course.
Here’s a recap of the night for those of you who were there, and if you weren’t there with us - I’m so sorry you missed it!
Waddy Wachtel started off the night with one of his own compositions “High Maintenance Girlfriend.” He was burnin’ on guitar and vocals. His fingers move over those guitar strings so lightly...... but produce a really BIG exciting sound! And we were so lucky to get more lead vocals from Waddy through the night.
Brett Tuggle returned to “wow” us with his exceptionally hot keyboard solos, guitar riffs and vocals. It’d been a long time since Brett was back up on that stage with WWB since he’s been touring with Fleetwood Mac, and we did miss him. As one of you said from the audience: “Welcome home!” Brett will be going out on tour with Mac again in October, but we had him for a night!
Johnny Rivers made an unexpected appearance - watching the band with big smiles - and Waddy said “Whatcha doin’ over there watchin’? Get up here with us!” Yeah! Johnny wailed on 2 tunes in the first set, playing guitar and singing like the pro he is. He was fantastic!
Phil Jones didn’t miss a beat on those drums - taking a cue from Johnny for a fill in “Rockin’ Pneumonia...” and playing it perfectly - he always does that.
Rick Rosas hit some thunderingly fast notes on his bass - setting off sparks all over the place.
Jamie Savko heated things up with his incredible vocals, and he grabbed that mic and really turned up the heat on “Shot Down In Flames.” Yup..... we were burnin’ too.
Keith Allison showed his wonderful versatility by singing and playing guitar on a variety of tunes. I always love it when he rocks all over the stage doing “C’mon Everybody.” We’re there with ya, Keith!
I’m sorry I don’t have any vids for you from last night’s gig, but who could stand still holding a camera with all that great rock ‘n’ roll going on? Besides....... You gotta BE there!
1. “High Maintenance Girlfriend” (Waddy Wachtel) Waddy Wachtel lead vocals; Brett Tuggle background vocals, rhythm guitar
2. "Misty Mountain Hop" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Brett background vocals, keyboards
3. "Bitch" (Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett background vocals, guitar solo
4. "Shot Down in Flames" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
5. “Ohio” (Neil Young) Waddy, Jamie and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
6. “The Shape I’m In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals, rhythm guitar; Waddy, Jamie and Brett harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
7. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals, rhythm guitar; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Waddy slide guitar
8. “Mountain of Love” (Harold Dorman) Johnny Rivers lead vocals, guitar; Waddy and Brett background vocals; Brett keyboards
9. "Rocking Pneumonia And The Boogie Woogie Flu" (Huey "Piano" Smith and John Vincent) Johnny Rivers lead vocals, guitar; Brett keyboards
10. “I Am The Walrus” (John Lennon) Brett lead vocals, keyboards
1. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
2. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. "Till The End Of The Day" (The Kinks) Brett Tuggle lead vocals, rhythm guitar; Waddy background vocals
4. "Revolution" (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals, keyboards
5. "Honky Tonk Women" (Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy, Brett and Dave Steele background vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
6. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals, rhythm guitar; Waddy and Brett background vocals; Brett keyboards
7. "Lawyers, Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
8. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie and Brett background vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
9. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
Johnny Rivers told us last night of the death of another incredible person from the rock world....... Larry Knechtel. Larry was one of the most valued session musicians in rock music (best known for his keyboard playing), and was part of the team called The Wrecking Crew (a term coined by WC member drummer Hal Blaine). They were responsible for the Wall Of Sound credited to producer Phil Spector in the 60’s and 70’s. Johnny had used Larry on most of his albums, and gave a fitting tribute to him by playing 2 of the tunes Larry had contributed to on his albums. We all rejoiced in Larry’s life - and the great music he’s left us.
Waddy Wachtel is working on the musical score for his next film.
Bernard Fowler will be playing some gigs in Europe in September.
Blondie Chaplin will play some gigs in Texas.
Phil Jones can be found banging away on the drums at some gigs in Clairmont.
Keith Allison will be performing at Amoeba Music in Hollywood on 9/22.
Brett Tuggle joins Fleetwood Mac for their European tour in October.
I’ll update you on more info later. Too much typing! :-)
See you soon........ you sweet rock ‘n’ rollers!!!!!!!!!!!
Click on any photo to enlarge.......
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |