/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - November 2009
Note from Nina:
It was great seeing so many of you at The Joint last night 11/16/09. We were all very hungry - after missing our Waddy Wachtel Band for 3 months - to hear them Rock It Up for us playing those fantastic classic rock songs.. And they sure did! Lots of smiling faces....... both on stage and in the audience. It always feels like a big warm rock ‘n’ roll family when we get together. mmm hmmm!!!!!
Now that Waddy’s almost done with mixing the music for his next flim score, we’ll be getting more of that loud luscious Monday night Rock ‘n’ Roll.
The next Waddy Wachtel Band gig at The Joint is Monday November 23. This Monday! Yay!!!!!!!!
For those of you who were unlucky (or stoopid) enough to miss last night’s gig, here’s a little re-cap and the set lists and some photos of how much fun the guys were having.
I always tell you that getting there early for the sound check is like getting a mini-pre-first-set buzz. Wow! They blast through a few tunes, and get everyone heated up from the minute they plug in.
Here’s the lineup of performers last night:
Waddy Wachtel - Burnin’ lead guitar and heart-stopping vocals
Phil Jones - Hot and heavy drums
Rick Rosas - Solid and throbbing bass
Jamie Savko - Thrilling and enticing vocals
Blondie Chaplin - Soulful and sensitive vocals
Brett Tuggle - Roof-shaking vocals and wall-of-sound guitar and keys
Keith Allison - Clear rockin’ vocals and guitar
I wish I could tell you which particular songs, solos and vocals were show-toppers, but with these guys....... Everything they play is fantastic. We’re always in awe. I mean...... Damn! These guys are soooo fantastic!
Oh...... one thing..... The band played a new song last night they hadn’t done before - The Beatles “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.” Oh yeah! Waddy said he came up the idea for the tune last week and everyone thought it was a great idea. So did we!
1. "Rocks Off" (Rolling Stones) Waddy Wachtel and Jamie Savko vocals; Brett Tuggle harmony vocals
2. "Misty Mountain Hop" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett background vocals
3. "What's Next To the Moon" (AC/DC) Brett lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
4. "Lawyers, Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Blondie Chaplin lead vocals
5. "Honky Tonk Women" (Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie, Brett and Blondie background vocals
6. “The Shape I’m In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals; Waddy, Jamie and Brett harmony vocals
7. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals
8. "Just Like A Woman" (Bob Dylan) Waddy lead vocals; Blondie background vocals
9. "I Am The Walrus" (Beatles) Brett lead vocals
1. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals
2. “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” (Beatles) Brett lead vocals; Waddy, Jamie and Blondie harmony vocals
3. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie vocals
4. "Till The End Of The Day" (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals; Waddy background vocals
5. "Dog Eat Dog" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
6. “Just Like Me” (Paul Revere and the Raiders) Keith lead vocals
7. "A Change Is Gonna Come" (Sam Cooke) Blondie lead vocals
8. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie, Blondie and Brett background vocals
9. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals
Let’s not forget to thank John Philbrick and Charlie Wood for doing such a wonderful job of keeping the band’s gear in such great shape and setting it up perfectly for them at every gig. Also thanks to Mark Nathanson for getting the sound so clear and in top form. Be sure to say “Thanks!” to them.
Thanks to all of you wonderful rockers too! When Waddy says we’re the best audience ever, he means it! And we are!
As for next Monday’s gig 11/23.....
See you Monday!!!!!!!
Click on any photo to enlarge.......
Note from Nina:
YES........ The Waddy Wachtel Band gave all of us just we wanted and needed last night 11/23 at The Joint - a great dose of pre-Thanksgiving cheer in the way of some fantastic, burnin’ Rock ‘n’ Roll! It’s true - they never let us down. You know that. :-)
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all from everyone who played with WWB last night and those who couldn’t be there to all of you who were with us last night and to all of you who weren’t. Lots of thanks in abunDANCE going around to and from everyone.
Before I say more, there’s a bit of bad news. WWB will not be able to be Rockin’ It Up with us next Monday night 11/30. They’re hoping to do at least one gig in December, as Waddy said: “To rock us into the New Year!” I’ll let you know. Promise.
We were off to a great start last night as Waddy Wachtel, Phil Jones, Rick Rosas and Jamie Savko blasted into their first song “All Down the Line”. When you’ve got four such extremely talented performers up there, it just wails! You want it loud and electrifying? You got it! Then when Jamie sang “You Shook Me” we were all shaking, and knew for sure they WERE gonna shake us all night long.
Andrew Gold was waiting in the wings to join in the fun, and stayed up there all smiles for the next tune “It’s All Over Now.” But it definitely wasn’t all over. Andrew not only sang wonderful harmonies with Waddy and Jamie, but he made his guitar sing behind Waddy’s solos. Lots of smiles from all of us going back at him. When he sang lead vocals on “Positively 4th Street” we were positively delighted. You can see from the set list below which tunes Andrew joined in on, and it was a real treat to have him up there for so many tunes.
Let’s not forget our “Rock Man” Keith Allison. Keith doesn’t know what it means to stop rockin’. He’d never even consider the possibility. He always gets up there and wails on vocals and guitar. He definitely pumps us up.
Here’s the set list and a little photo montage of the guys Rockin’ It Up last night.
Always on stage:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead and rhythm guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
1. "All Down the Line" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals
2. “You Shook Me" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Andrew Gold harmony vocals and guitar
3. “It's All Over Now" (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Andrew harmony vocals and guitar
4. "Cinnamon Girl" (Neil Young) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Andrew harmony vocals and guitar
5. “Positively 4th Street” (Bob Dylan) Andrew lead vocals and guitar
6. “The Shape I’m In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
7. "Pump It Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
8. "Rover" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Andrew guitar
9. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie vocals; Andrew harmony vocals and guitar
1. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
2. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
3. "Bitch" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Andrew harmony vocals and guitar
4. “Money [That’s What I Want]” (Berry Gordy, Janie Bradford) Andrew lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
5. "Like a Rolling Stone" (Bob Dylan) Waddy lead vocals; Andrew guitar
6. "Stop Breakin' Down" (Robert Johnson) Keith lead vocals, guitar and harmonica; Waddy slide guitar
7. "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar
8. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Andrew harmony vocals and guitar
9. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Andrew guitar
Keep Rockin’ and see you sooooon !!!!!!!!
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |