/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - March 2012
Note from Nina:
The Waddy Wachtel Band really kicked up some serious dust at The Mint in Los Angeles Saturday night March 10. They were shakin' the rafters and quakin' our rock 'n' roll hearts with fantastic performances of those great Classic Rock tunes through both sets.
The place was packed. Filled with so many smiling rockers that the Mint had to remove not only most of the tables, but the bar stools as well to fit everyone in there. They kept the a/c pumped to cool us off a bit as WWB got us soooo HOT with their burnin' music. We were all lovin' every minute of it!
Without any hesitation, Waddy Wachtel blasted his Les Paul through those 2 Vibro King amps to start off the night with "Substitute." Watching Waddy's fingers dance over those strings and listening to what he can do with that guitar is truly a mind-blowing experience! Phil Jones, Rick Rosas and Brett Tuggle joined right in with big smiles and professional perfection. Jamie Savko jumped in with his incredible vocals and we all knew from the start we were in for a great night. There's no substitute for WWB. Anywhere!
When Jamie sang the lead vocals with Waddy and Brett adding harmonies on the next tune "Love Hungry Man" - Bon Scott would have said: "YEAH!!!!" WWB made us all love hungry. Definitely hungry for more WWB.
I'm not gonna go through each song explaining how fantastic WWB was on each of them - you can check the set list - but we all could feel the electricity flying! It was like we were plugged into the amazing WWB - getting higher every minute. And we could tell the guys on stage were getting just as high as we were.
I do have to say that not only do we get thrilled by the incredible musicianship of these pros, but the vocals kick ass. There's such a variety of vocalists on that stage, and they each bring new dimensions to the performance. In addition to the great lead vocals by Jamie, Waddy and Brett - Blondie Chaplin and Keith Allison added other delightful flavors on their songs. Lucky us!
And as Waddy says: "We wouldn't be able to do this without YOU!" You give WWB big thanks by coming to these gigs, sharing your wonderful energy and clapping, stomping and going "Wooooo Hoooo!" WWB sends all that back atcha!
Our fabulous band last night:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
Brett Tuggle - Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals
Jamie Savko - Vocals
Blondie Chaplin - Vocals, Guitar
Keith Allison - Vocals, Guitar
1. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle guitar and harmony vocals
2. “Love Hungry Man” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
3. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
4. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Blondie Chaplin lead vocals; Brett guitar
5. "All Down the Line" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar; Blondie background vocals
6. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie lead harmony vocals; Brett guitar
7. "Wild and Blue" (John Anderson [composed by John Scott Sherrill]) Keith Allison lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
8. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar; Brett and Blondie harmony vocals
9. “Ruby Tuesday” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
10. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals
1. "All the Way to Memphis" (Ian Hunter) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
2. "The Kids Are Alright" (The Who) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett guitar
3. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
4. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
5. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals
6. “A Change Is Gonna Come” (Sam Cooke) Blondie lead vocals and guitar
7. “The Shape I'm In” (The Band) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
8. "High Maintenance Girlfriend" (Waddy Wachtel) Waddy lead vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
9. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie and Blondie harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
10. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Brett guitar
The next Waddy Wachtel Band gig will be Saturday, April 14, 2012 in Ventura.
It'll be a bit different than the shows we're used to, as it's being put on by Trimurti Enterprises, but WWB will be Rockin' It Up for us for sure!
Here's the info I've gotten from Trimurti so far, and I'll get you more later,
April 14, 2012
at Poinsettia Pavilion, 3451 Foothill Rd. Ventura, CA
Tickets: $45 pre-sale / $50 at the door
With the Waddy Wachtel Band on 4/14:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Bernard Fowler - Vocals
Brett Tuggle - Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals
Jamie Savko - Vocals
Jimmy Paxson - Drums
Al Ortiz - Bass
Phil Jones and Rick Rosas will be on tour with Pegi Young, so they won't be able to be at the Ventura gig, but we'll have the great Jimmy Paxson and Al Ortiz filling in, who play with Waddy on the Stevie Nicks tours and have sat in with WWB in the past. Very talented dudes!
Speaking of Stevie Nicks.....
Like I told you, Waddy will be going on tour with Stevie and Rod Stewart this summer for another Heart and Soul tour. And...... Brett Tuggle told me he'll be on that tour as well. He's happy to be back with Stevie touring again.
Photos by Lotta Asp Andersson
Click any photo to enlarge............
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Calendar | Search | Mailing List |