/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - June 2012
Note from Nina:
When the Waddy Wachtel Band came on stage at The Joint in Los Angeles Saturday night, June 9, 2012, the place was packed with the most gorgeous and happiest crowd of rockers! As each guy came on stage, those in the audience yelled out their names: "Rick!" "Phil!" "Brett!" "Jamie!" "Waddy!" "Bernard!" We all knew we were gonna get rocked up real gooood! And we sure were...... all night!!!!
All the guys in the band, as well as us in the audience, also knew we wouldn't be able to get back together again until August, so WWB stayed on that stage for 2 long sets of great rock 'n' roll. We needed it. Oh yeah. We were electrified! Loudly.... mmmm hmmmm!
Bernard Fowler was so happy to be back with WWB again. After an extremely wondrous intro guitar solo by Waddy, Bernard and the band jumped right into the first song of the night "Jail Break." We all felt like we'd been broken out of jail. No holds barred when Bernard takes the mic and wails through a song. Everyone was so happy to have him back on that stage again too.
Jamie Savko really ripped The Joint with his amazing lead vocals on "Rip This Joint." Yes, he did! And Mindi Abair played a great sax solo on that tune. It's been fantastic having Mindi up there with WWB - blowin' that horn, adding delightful vocal harmonies and what energy!
Brett Tuggle jumped on board with lead vocals on a song WWB hadn't played for us before "Lady Madonna." They started the song kind of Beatle-ish, but with Mindi on sax, Waddy burnin' on guitar, Phil kickin' it up on drums and Rick booming on bass - The Lady was rocked like she'd never been rocked before.
Before the last song of the first set, Waddy said: "Now we'll end this set with a song that's become our regular before the break." Everyone loves the way WWB does "I Am the Walrus!"
It was a great celebration of the birthday of one of the best drummers in the land - Phil Jones! We love our Phil!!! Fill us up, Phil!!!!!
Jamie started off the second set with spine tingling vocals on "Immigrant Song." As one of the fans said to me: "Not only can he hit those notes, but he can sustain them!" Yup. That's our Jamie. So lucky we are to have him.
Another new song from WWB last night was "Dear Prudence" with Bernard delivering his always incredible lead vocals. Add Waddy and Brett on harmony vocals - I love The Beatles, but I've gotta say this was better. Well..... It was!
Waddy treated us to not only some of the best guitar solos - his fingers moved over those strings like a moth's wings fluttering around a flame - but he also thrilled us with lead vocals on 2 songs "Live With Me" and "Lawyers, Guns and Money." Damn! All that talent in one dude!
What about Keith Allison? Oh yes, he was there - giving it all up for us and rockin' like a true pro. I can't get enough of his vocals and energy on "C'mon Everybody." We all sing along!
Rick Rosas and Phil Jones might not be up front singing, but they're the backbone of WWB. You need a good foundation to build on, and Phil and Rick not only provide that, but they're flexible enough to step right up and set us all on fire.
Wow! What a great night! We're all probably the luckiest rockers on the planet.
I know we all want to thank the exceptional performers up on that stage with The Waddy Wachtel Band.
Big thanks to John Philbrick and Charlie Wood for their help over all these years keeping the gear working and helping to make these gigs possible.
Many thanks to Anna for greeting us all with that big beautiful smile at the door.
Many many thanks to the staff and owner at The Joint for making it so easy to come to that great club and ENJOY!
Oh........ And enormous thanks to all of you rockers who come to these gigs and share your delightful rockin' smiles! Love ya!
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
1. "Jail Break" (Thin Lizzy) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Jamie Savko and Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle guitar
2. “Going to a Go-Go" (The Miracles) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett guitar; Mindi Abair saxophone
3. “Rip This Joint” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards; Mindi saxophone and harmony vocals
4. "Problem Child" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
5. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
6. "Lady Madonna" (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals; Mindi saxophone and harmony vocals
7. "Pump It Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith Allison lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards; Mindi saxophone
8. "Stop Breakin' Down" (Robert Johnson) Keith lead vocals, guitar and harmonica; Waddy slide guitar; Brett keyboards; Mindi saxophone
9. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar
10. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals
1. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett guitar
2. "All the Way to Memphis" (Ian Hunter) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Mindi saxophone and harmony vocals
3. "I Can't Let Go" (The Hollies) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
4. "Dear Prudence" (The Beatles) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
5. “Live With Me” (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals; Mindi saxophone and harmony vocals
6. “Love Hungry Man” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
7. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards; Mindi saxophone
8. “Heroes" (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
9. "Wild Horses" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
10. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Brett guitar
11. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie lead harmony vocals; Brett guitar
12. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
12. "Rockin' In the Free World" (Neil Young) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett guitar
You might be asking: When is the next Waddy Wachtel Band gig? We're hoping for the second or third Saturday in August. As soon as I get confirmation of blastoff, I'll let you know!
See ya sooooon!!!! And as Waddy says: "Keep Rockin'!"
Click any photo to enlarge.......
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Calendar | Search | Mailing List |