/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - July 2010
Note from Nina:
YESSSS!!!!!! The Waddy Wachtel Band will be rockin’ it up for us at The Joint in Los Angeles next Monday night 7/19/10. Yay! I’ll send a reminder in a couple of days with more info.
As for last night’s gig.........
The Waddy Wachtel Band got us all hot and steamy last night 7/12/10 at The Joint. Yes...... HOT! And everyone was smiling! We need our Rock ‘n’ Roll, and WWB gives it all to us - high-powered electricity!
Phil Jones and Rick Rosas were back with us, and they burned up the place with their incredible playing. They’ve been rockin’ us for over 10 years with Waddy, and never let us down. They get us UP! Always.
Waddy Wachtel led the band through a great selection of songs, and even when it was just Waddy, Phil and Rick on that stage - the sound was so full and rich ....... a real Power Trio! Waddy is always fantastic, and a couple of highlights for me were when he sang “Lawyers, Guns and Money” - a great tribute to a dear friend Warren Zevon - and his slide guitar playing on “Rocky Mountain Way” gave everyone goosebumps. Hot goosebumps!
Jamie Savko, Bernard Fowler and Keith Allison - what a great variety of singers we get on that stage with WWB. Each of them has his own style, and we love ‘em! So much energy and voices that make us all say...... We’re sooooo lucky to have them with WWB.
A special guest - Robert Davis - joined the band playing guitar on a few songs. This is the second time Robert has joined WWB on the stage at The Joint, but he’s played with the band Bernard Fowler puts together for his own gigs, which includes Robert, Waddy, Phil and Al Ortiz. So, you know he wails! Robert said he’s gonna try to be there next week too.
1. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals
2. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
3. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals
4. “Rocky Mountain Way” (Joe Walsh) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Waddy slide guitar
5. “Jail Break" (Thin Lizzy) Bernard lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Robert Davis guitar
6. “The Shape I’m In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals
7. "Pump It Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
8. "Rover" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals
9. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Robert guitar
1. "All Down the Line" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
2. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
3. “She’s So Cold” (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Robert guitar
4. “Heroes” (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Robert guitar
5. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
6. "Down Payment Blues" (AC/DC) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Robert guitar
Are you wondering....... was that typo in the set list? Did they play “Girl’s Got Rhythm” in both sets? No, it wasn’t a typo. Actually, it was an accident - but we didn’t mind hearing it twice. Great band, great singer, great tune....... great!
Waddy said he’s sorry we only got 6 songs in the second set, but some tight-assed neighbor (my words) had complained about the late night noise (NOISE???), so the music has to stop at 12:30. Or the gestapo will arrive. Hehe. And the set started a little late - such is Rock ‘n’ Roll! But..... Waddy said they’ll make it up to us next week.
Sending thanks to all of you Rockers who come on a Monday night and make it more fun. As Waddy says: “We can’t do it without you!”
Those of you who came to the gig on the 12th better make it on the 19th - unless you’re out of town. And those of you who didn’t come last night better come on the 19th - unless you’re out of your mind.
And always special thanks to the guys off the stage who also make these Monday nights rock - John Philbrick , Charlie Wood, Mark Nathanson and Charlie McIntyre. And to the girls behind the bar. Be sure to thank them too!
Be rockin’ it up with you on the 19th!!!!!!!!
Note from Nina:
A couple of things first........
After many requests from fans and friends, with Waddy’s approval I started a Waddy Wachtel Facebook page. Some of you have already found it (thanks!), and if you want to join us there here’s the link:
Waddy Wachtel at Facebook
I’ll keep the FB page updated, and Waddy is very appreciative for the notes you post to him on FB.
Next...... some bad news. The Waddy Wachtel Band will NOT be performing at The Joint next Monday July 26, 2010. I’ll let you know as soon as they confirm their next Joint gig.
Now........ about last night.......
You KNOW we all had great time rockin’ it up with The Waddy Wachtel Band at The Joint last night July 19, 2010. It was wonderful seeing so many of you there, and we did have fun, didn’t we? Yessss!
Our regular WWB guys...... the ones who make these gigs happen and are sooooo happy to be doing it:......
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
Jamie Savko - Vocals
.....were joined on stage last night by:
- Keith Allison - Vocals, Guitar. Keith has been rockin’ The Joint with WWB since the beginning - over 10 years ago - and it’s such a pleasure having him show up and add his delightful rock ‘n’ roll as often as he does.
- Peter Asher - Vocals, Guitar. This was a great surprise for all of us! Peter joined WWB in February at The Joint, and came back last night to sing a few tunes for us. His vocal harmonies with Waddy were fantastic, and they got some of the Rockers slow dancing to those great songs. Peter mentioned the death of his partner, Gordon Waller (Peter and Gordon), one year ago. A great loss. But we went on to Rockin’ like we do for all the people we’ve lost over the years. Peter also said Paul McCartney wrote “A World Without Love” for Peter and Gordon. That was back in 1964, and was the song that took Peter and Gordon to the Hit List. Peter Asher has been an incredible influence in the music world, producing albums by Warren Zevon, Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor, Bonnie Raitt and many others. Peter and Waddy have maintained a friendship for over 30 years, and it was so wonderful to see him rockin’ it up with WWB!
Waddy, Phil, Rick and Jamie started off the night burnin’ through some very HOT rockin’ tunes. And they gave us just what we wanted...... loud and electrified rock ‘n’ roll performed perfectly - got everyone’s hearts pumping and begging for MORE! They said: “Okay!” MMMM
When Peter came on stage, Waddy switched to his acoustic electric Gibson J200, and showed he can play anything! He also showed what an incredible singer he is. And when Waddy treated us to some lead vocals later....... Loved it!
Phil and Rick proved why they’ve been in such demand over the years to back other artists. Always spot on and easily switching from hard and heavy to soft and smooth.
Jamie continues to amaze and delight everyone with his wonderful vocals. Not only his lead vocals that are over-the-top wonderful, but his harmonies as well. For the last song of the night “Sin City” I looked away for a minute to smile at everyone smiling at the stage, and when I looked back..... “Where’s Jamie?” He’d jumped off the stage and was singing to all of us walking through the crowd. Didn’t miss a note!
Here’s the set list with a few photos I took last night. It was hard holding the camera steady with all the great music filling my body!
1. "Bitch" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals
2. “Dog Eat Dog” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
3. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
4. “I Go To Pieces” (Del Shannon) Peter Asher vocals and guitar; Waddy vocals
5. “Crying in the Rain” (Howard Greenfield, Carole King) Peter vocals and guitar; Waddy vocals
6. “A World Without Love” (John Lennon, Paul McCartney) Peter vocals and guitar; Waddy vocals
7. “The Shape I’m In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals
8. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals
9. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
1. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals
2. “Johnny Strikes Up the Band” (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals
3. "All Down the Line" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals
4. “Shot Down in Flames” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
5. "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
6."Pump It Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
7. "Just Like A Woman" (Bob Dylan) Waddy lead vocals
8. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals
If you’re asking: “Why can’t we get WWB every Monday?” with a pouty face.
Waddy is very busy. You know how everyone WANTS him! He’ll be working with Peter Asher on a couple of projects, helping Stevie Nicks with some finishing touches on her new cd, and preparing for a few gigs with Stevie for August. And he’s got to sleep and eat! :-)
You might have seen......... Keith Allison and Peter Asher singing “With A Little Help From My Friends” with Ringo Starr at his 70th Birthday Bash at Radio City Music Hall on July 7, 2010. If not, here’s a link to the video on You Tube:
WWB will be back soon, sweet Rockers. Sending their love!
Click on any photo to enlarge.......
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Calendar | Search | Mailing List |