/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - April 2007
Waddy Wachtel Band at The Joint 4/9/07
Yay! I managed to get the set list from the WWB gig last night at The Joint. You're all probably tired of me saying over and over how great this band is...... But they are! Tight as a drum, and never a disappointment.
Waddy was so "ON" last night it was like sugar to my ears. Jamie's voice was as clear as a bell and he didn't miss a note. Okay, enough of my praise. Here's the set list:
- "Dancin' Days" (Led Zep) vocals: Jamie Savko
- "You Shook Me All Night Long" (AC/DC) vocals: Jamie Savko
- "Lawyers, Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) vocals: Waddy Wachtel
- "Cinnamon Girl" (Neil Young) vocals: Waddy and Jamie
- "Stop Breakin' Down" (Robert Johnson) vocals: Keith Allison
- "Somethin' Else" (Eddie Cochran) vocals: Keith Allison
- "Shot Down in Flames" (AC/DC) vocals: Jamie Savko
- I'm not sure which song this was. It might have been a compilation of "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" and "Pride and Joy" vocals: John Rich (special guest last night from Big and Rich)
- "All Down the Line" (Rolling Stones) vocals: Jamie Savko
- "Eight Miles High" (the Byrds) vocals: Waddy and Jamie
- "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) vocals: Jamie Savko
- "Like a Rolling Stone" (Bob Dylan) vocals: Waddy Wachtel
- "Crazy Mama" (J. J. Cale) vocals: Keith Allison
- "C'mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) vocals: Keith Allison
- "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (Rolling Stones) vocals: Waddy and Jamie
- "The Rover" (Led Zep) vocals: Jamie Savko
- "Bitch" (Rolling Stones) vocals: Jamie Savko
My deepest thanks to everyone in WWB for giving us so much Rockin' music at The Joint on a regular basis. It was also very nice to hook up with my old friends (WWB fans) and make new friends - like the couple who came down from Ottawa and Rocked with us in the audience. It's such a thrill to see so many people at The Joint on Mondays feeling the wonderful music and sharing the energy. We all hooted and hollered last night, didn't we? Ahhhh!
Other WWB news:
- No show next Monday 4/16.
- There will be a big Friday night show with WWB on Friday 5/11. Don't miss this one! Waddy will be leaving on tour with Stevie Nicks after that gig, and he won't return until July.
- I'll keep you all posted about what'll be going on at The Joint Mondays while Waddy is away. I'm REALLY going to miss him!
Warmth to all of you - and let's rock at TJ! It just doesn't get much better!
Review: Waddy Wachtel Band at The Joint 4/30/07
Notes from Nina.........
The Waddy Wachtel Band was really rockin' Monday night 4/30/07 at The Joint. Having both Waddy Wachtel and Brett Tuggle back on the stage with Phil Jones, Rick Rosas, Jamie Savko and Keith Allison was as exciting as it can get! To top that off, Bernard Fowler came on stage for the second set and wailed. They all played and sang their asses off - and the audience was totally tuned into it all. There was a film crew at The Joint all night, and I was told the footage they took might be edited and available in the future. How cool it would be to have a video of WWB to play at home - especially for those nights when Waddy and Brett are gone on tour.
Here's the set lists:
"You Shook Me All Night Long" (AC/DC) Jamie vocals
"High Maintenance Girlfriend" (Waddy Wachtel) Waddy vocals
"What's Next To the Moon" (AC/DC) Brett vocals
"Eight Miles High" (Byrds) Waddy, Brett and Jamie vocals
"Lawyers, Gens and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy vocals
"Stop Breakin' Down" (Robert Johnson) Keith Allison vocals
"Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith Allison vocals
"Misty Mountain Hop" (Led Zeppelin) Brett vocals
"Bitch" (Rolling Stones) Jamie vocals - and a burning guitar solo by Brett
"Shot Down in Flames" (AC/DC) Jamie vocals
"All Down the Line" (Rolling Stones) Jamie vocals
"Heroes" (David Bowie) Bernard vocals
"Jumpin' Jack Flash" (Rolling Stones) Bernard and Waddy vocals
"I Am the Walrus" (Beatles) Brett vocals
"Live Wire" (AC/DC) Brett vocals
"Pump it Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith vocals
"Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie vocals
There's no way to express in words how your heart gets pumpin' and your feet start jumpin' when Waddy hits that first guitar chord and the band electrifies The Joint with their incredible musical sounds and vocals. You gotta be there! :-D
The whole Waddy Wachtel Band will be performing for the first time in 7 years of playing at The Joint on a Friday night 5/11. So, those of you who couldn't make it often on a Monday night (poor working stiffs who had to be up early on Tuesday morning) this is a special evening of ROCK for you. Better get there early, as we expect a large crowd for this show. Also, this will be the last chance to see Waddy rock at TJ until he returns in July from his tour with Stevie Nicks. And it'll be the last time to catch Brett at TJ until he returns in August from his tour with Lindsey Buckingham.
Special info I just found out: May 15, 2000 was the first gig Waddy and the band performed at The Joint. Their May 11, 2007 gig will be the Seventh Anniversary of their gigs there. Hmmmm.... What's the gift for a Seventh Anniversary? I'd have to say------- ROCK! And we will!
See you all 5/11-
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB October 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB May 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB September 2009 | WWB October 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB March 2011 | WWB April 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact / Guestbook | Waddy Wachtel Band | Calendar | Search | Mailing List |